Creating a community for all abilities
Earlier this year, we asked the community about ways to enhance community inclusion for people with a disability, and what actions could be taken to show leadership, lead planning and undertake advocacy on disability issues.
We wanted to know what the community thought access for all abilities might look like into the future. The community told us that it is important to create strong social, employment and support networks. They told us that educating the community on disability awareness is important in helping people with a disability to feel valued as members of Glen Eira community.
The responses have helped us to develop eight initiatives which Council may support to benefit the community. The eight initiatives are:
- Supporting jobseekers with disabilities to find employment
- Getting fit, active and joining local sports clubs
- Volunteering and being valued for giving back to the community
- Supporting people with disabilities with advocacy and understanding the NDIS
- Creating a strong support network
- Educating the community about disability awareness
- Improving access to businesses in our local community
- Supporting parents and carers
To help us decide which ones to fund, we invite you to vote for your three preferred initiatives. Voting is simple:
- Watch each of the eight animations by clicking on the 'Watch the animations' button on the image below
- Decide which three are most important to you
- Click ‘vote’ on the three animations you have chosen
- Then, if you choose, visit the online forum below the animations to tell us a bit more about which initiatives you voted for and why
Voting closes on Friday 23 November 2018. Once voting has closed, we will tally up the votes and will announce the winning initiatives in early 2019.
What to know more? Contact Kate Burge on 9524 3333 or email@example.com